Food Service Worker
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, employer paid Life/LTD/ADD, generous 401k employer match, PTO|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Make a difference! Join a reputable, first rate child welfare agency serving at-risk youth and their families through residential treatment, education, foster care and older adolescent programs. Food Service Worker reports to Food Service Supervisor. Assists supervisor in all aspects of food service program for Lawrence Hall Youth Services including prep work, cooking, bending, stooping, lifting and carrying supplies.|
• Serve meals to clients in a palatable presentation and record meals served for department records in compliance with Illinois State Board of Education guidelines.
• Responsible for checking food orders, carrying/rotating into storage, dry and refrigerated, all supplies upon delivery.
• Must have working knowledge of all kitchen equipment including proper use, breakdown and cleaning/sanitation.
• Prepare/cook meals in compliance with Illinois State Board of Education guidelines. Meals must be prepared in a time restricted period to serve 75-100 people.
• Ability to prepare meals from raw food materials.
• Clean kitchen area and maintain cleaning schedule according to sanitary regulations.
• Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
• Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement activities as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Must be 21 years of age
High school diploma or equivalent
At least one (1) year experience in food service functions
Current Food Service Sanitation (state and city) certification
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.