Manager of Specialized Services
|Benefits:||medical, dental, generous PTO, 401k employer match, employer paid life/ltd/add|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Make a difference! Join a reputable, first rate child welfare agency serving at-risk youth and their families through residential treatment, education, foster care and older adolescent programs. Manager of Specialized Services reports to the Vice President of Support Programs. Plans, develops and administers the Expressive Therapy (ET), Therapeutic Recreation (TR), and Balanced and Restorative Justice (BARJ) programs within Agency policy and guidelines. Travels from various sites in personal vehicle to monitor operations and attend internal and external meetings. Frequent use of computer. Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with internal staff, DCFS staff, and outside resources. Utilizes strong knowledge of verbal and physical intervention skills including restraint (client weighing a minimum of 50lbs). The use of intervention skills require frequent kneeling and return to standing position without assistance. Demonstrates quality leadership to enable the smooth operation and correlation of Agency services.|
• Provides direct supervision of Therapeutic Recreation, Expressive Therapy, and BARJ staff members
• Serves as direct administrative backup to staff members in their absence.
• Develops and recommends to the V.P. of Support Services long and short range plans for the
continued development of agency TR, ET, and BARJ programs.
• Monitors and interprets trends in assigned programs through Performance Quality Improvement measures and monthly reports.
• Maintains a small caseload as needed within the scope of their professional practice and licensure.
• Maintains a referral system for TR/ET services.
• Maintains involvement in the professional field.
• Interviews, employs, and makes recommendations for disciplinary action of staff within area of responsibility.
• Collaborates with the V.P. of Support Services to develop internship opportunities.
• Oversees maintenance of records according to Agency, DCFS, DHS and Medicaid requirements.
• Holds regular staff meetings for each area of assignment.
• Responsible for attending some LANS meetings.
• Works collaboratively with the Vice President of Human Resources in ensuring knowledge or and
adherence to personnel policies and practices.
• Actively involved in planning and delivery of training related to own area of expertise and needs of programs supervised.
• Works collaboratively with other agency staff to ensure a well planned and cooperative total agency
team approach to programs and services.
• Will assist direct reports with identifying and evaluating agency and community resources.
• Maintains a database of community leisure and recreational resources.
• Committed to and works effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment
including LGBT youth.
• Develops and maintains relationships with community-based providers for clients with LGBT needs.
• Builds a network of spiritual resources for youth in agency placement programs.
• Assume flexible schedule when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required and related supervisory experience in the
human services field. Master’s level requires 3 years related experience. Bachelor’s level requires 5 years related experience.
• Must be a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS), Registered Music Therapist-Board Certified (RMT-BC) or Registered/Board Certified Art Therapist (ATR or ATR-BC) in State of Illinois and have ability to supervise effectively.
• Requires ability to provide quality leadership, which promotes the effective and smooth operation of Agency’s services. Requires well developed management, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license with no suspensions in effect in the previous three (3) years.
• Must have personal vehicle or access to personal vehicle.
• No history of child abuse or neglect
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.