Join a reputable, first rate child welfare agency serving at-risk youth and their families through residential treatment, education, foster care and older adolescent programs. Treatment Team Coordinator (TTC) will oversee milieu functioning/culture, treatment team functioning, and coordinate the day to day and treatment needs of all youth on the assigned unit in collaboration with Program Managers, Treatment Services Manager and other administrators. Provides direct supervision to the Residential Treatment Specialists, Case Aides, Family Support Workers, and Vocational Support Workers both one-on-one and in groups. Leads the treatment team and ensures that the treatment plans for youth are implemented and barriers to service both internal and external are addressed. Coordinates and communicates with Teachers (both internal and community-based), Therapeutic Recreation Workers, Family Members and other internal and external stakeholders in service of the team and youth. Establishes and upholds the therapeutic milieu which is based on youth-guided, strengths-based, family-focused, data-driven, and trauma-informed culture on the assigned unit. Responsible for the training and development of their supervisees and possesses the skills to both establish and implement a professional development plan for each employee. Special attention is given towards providing each milieu staff with clinical direction, coaching and support in working with youth with significant trauma and abuse histories. Ultimately responsible for the overall quality of services provided to youth and engages in ongoing quality improvement initiatives. May be required to transport clients and assist with other case-management and community-based activities. The TTC team works collaboratively to ensure that all units are supported in the absence of one or more TTCs. Good verbal communication and written documentation skills are required. Utilization of both verbal and physical intervention skills (individuals age 8-18 weighing a minimum of 50lbs.). The use of physical intervention skills requires frequent kneeling and return to standing position without assistance. Requires a flexible work schedule to meet the demands and needs of the staff and clients. Responsible for the safety and security of clients and staff within the CFTC program.
• Creates and maintains a unit culture which is based on youth-guided, strengths-based, family-focused, data-driven, trauma-informed, and BARJ philosophies.
• Provides clinically-informed direction, support, and supervision of all milieu staff.
• Leads treatment team meetings and community meetings and documents summary of meetings.
• Provides supervision to the Residential Treatment Specialists, Case Aides, Family Support Workers, and Vocational Support Workers both one-on-one and in groups
• Supervises milieu staff in the performance of their duties. Trains, coaches and develops their treatment skills. Helps them work through particular difficulties with individual children.
• Oversees both unit-based and community-based treatment programming
• Develops and plans group psycho-educational and skills training curriculums, trains staff in implementation of group programming, and models for staff effective implementation of group treatment
• Plans and implements Balanced and Restorative Justice ritual circles (e.g. welcome, celebration, support, and discharge circles) with the support of BARJ Coordinator
• Participates in regular, multi-disciplinary clinical staffings as a lead representative of the treatment team
• Ensures that regular community-based individual and group programming is integrated into the milieu schedule
• Ensure that evidenced-based practices and treatments are implemented as part of the milieu schedule. This might include Dialectical Behavior Therapy Groups, Cognitive Behavioral Groups (Anger-Management, Social Skills, Stress-Management)
• Offer milieu-based and community-based activities that family members can participate in
• Provides and symbolizes adult security to residents by maintaining discipline and order within the CFTC, keeping the demands of individual residents in balance with the needs of the Center as a whole.
• Takes financial responsibility, with the direct oversight of the Program Manager, for the operations of the assigned unit and manages resources efficiently.
• Establishes, monitors and maintains the planned daily routines/schedules of group living.
• Supervises the provision of basic living needs, such as food, shelter, clean clothes, bedding, and other personal items.
• Provides oversight to staff and clients on medication, first aid, nursing care, and works closely with the medical department.
• Facilitates and occasionally participates with the residents in both planned and casual recreation, and other activities such as household chores and other work projects.
• Interprets, facilitates and instructs personnel on policies and procedures.
• Completes unit-based reports, unit-based program coverage as needed re-allocating personnel and resources in compliance with defined ratios
• Manages the CFTC schedule of staffing and ensures adequate staffing is in place to meet the demands and needs of the clients and according to DCFS licensing requirements.
• Manages the day to day use of the CFTC fleet ensuring the safety of the staff and clients. Works closely with maintenance on fleet repair and ensures vehicles are maintained and clean.
• Assigns and deploys shift staff in ways that would make best use of their talents and strengths in meeting the needs of clients.
• Orients new workers and volunteers to the program.
• Assists in recruiting and participates in decisions on hiring and termination of shift staff.
• Evaluates the performance of milieu staff and makes recommendations for promotions and other personnel actions.
• Makes final decisions concerning handling of behavioral situations.
• Makes recommendations to administration for policy or program changes.
• Manages all administrative matters pertaining to unit operation, including unit budget, petty cash, allowance system, clothing purchases, school supplies, lunch and transportation monies, household supplies and inventory, maintenance and repair of equipment, etc. as applicable, involving children as part of their learning process.
• Coordinates with the clinical services staff, specialty services staff and other staff in the provision of services and programs for clients through the therapeutic team approach.
• Assist in the carrying out of the treatment plans including providing coverage for regularly scheduled psycho-educational and skills-based group treatment programs.
• Insures that proper medical and health care is provided under the direction of the nurse and doctor.
• Maintains a community-oriented approach within the CFTC, including good public relations with community persons and organizations as well as developing a healthy interest and activity in the children in the community.
• The TTC should spend a significant portion of their time in the CFTC when clients are present. Participates in staff conferences, in-service training, and other activities to improve own knowledge and to share knowledge with other staff.
• Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
• Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement activities as assigned.
At least 25 years of age.
Graduate degree preferred in Human Services field (MA, MSW, MS, PsyD, PhD). Minimum of a Bachelors Degree. For Bachelors applicants, must have a minimum of two years experience working within a youth-oriented, Human Services setting.
Must have two years of full-time experience in a residential child care program.
Must demonstrate skill in working with and managing children of the type served in the program.
Demonstrates ability to work cooperatively with administration staff and persons external to the program.
Valid Illinois driver's license with DCFS driver's clearance on file.
No history of child abuse or neglect.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.