|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, 401k with generous employer match, employer paid Life/LTD/ADD, PTO|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Therapeutic Day School|
|Description:||Teacher Assistant works within a classroom giving assistance to the teacher for the improvement of classroom performance of individual students; assists the education staff in maintaining student behavior in the school area by utilization of verbal and physical intervention techniques in line with Agency policy of students weighing a minimum of 50 lbs. The use of intervention skills requires frequent kneeling and return to standing position without assistance. Includes ability to visually observe/hear classroom disruptions and outbursts.|
• Assist with activity planning for students, both in class and for activity time.
• Assist in maintaining classroom control through the point system and personal interaction.
• Work with students on an individual or group basis as designated by the teacher and/or supervisor.
• Use special education techniques to monitor and control all aspects of student movement, such as hall, classes, nurse, lunchroom, gym, recreation and other areas.
• Settles classroom and individual behavior problems as required, applying approved intervention methods.
• Provides documentation for student incidents and provides input for student behavior planning.
• Assists with program needs such as room setup, repairs, book sorting, office routine, Agency driving.
• Attends study groups and in-service functions for professional growth.
• Monitors detention hall as assigned.
• Responsible for physical management of students requiring additional control as described in Agency policy on use of physical restraint.
• May be required to transport students on field trips, between agency facilities, etc. in agency vehicle/van.
• Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement
activities as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
- High School Diploma with specialized training in behavior management and a minimum of two years experience.
- Must have a valid Illinois drivers license which has not been suspended or revoked in the last three (3) years.
- Ability to pass background clearance and drug screen.
- Ability to work with students/staff of diverse cultural, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to intervene verbally and physically with students. Physical intervention requires the ability to kneel and return to standing without assistance.
• Exposure to student behavior problems that may include physical acting out and requires safe physical management skills
• Exposure to students with complex mental health issues and/or disorders
• Exposure to youths with various states of cleanliness and hygiene
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.