|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, 401k with generous employer match, employer paid life insurance/LTD/ADD, PTO|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Family Therapist provides family stabilization and engagement services including linkage to community resources, family therapy, individual therapy, group therapy, parent coaching and assisting with therapeutic parent/child visitation for Lawrence Hall's residential treatment clients and their families. Therapy may be provided in the client's home or in the community. This position includes some transportation of clients in personal or agency vehicle. Provides services to increase successful discharge and aftercare including ongoing contact with families, support during transitions and support after the client transitions to home. Utilization of good verbal and written communication with staff, referring agencies, community resources, as well as clients and their families. Position requires flexibility to adjust work schedules according to the needs of the families in the program. May include evenings.|
• Carries a selected caseload of families as assigned, using a variety of treatment approaches that may include individual, family or group therapy.
• Develops and reviews treatment plans regularly with supervisor.
• Completes CANS on assigned clients in collaboration with the assigned case manager.
• Facilitates clinical staffings.
• Provides information related to client's progress toward treatment goals to the treatment team.
• Works with treatment team, collateral staff, and families in completing assessments and developing the treatment plan.
• Interprets agency’s services to assigned clients.
• Attends Agency and other professional seminars and conferences to increase professional knowledge and skills.
• When necessary, acts as a liaison to DCFS or other agencies (courts, school districts, etc.), communicating the client's identified treatment goals and progress towards those goals.
• Works with the team on meeting client needs for community programs (schools, recreation, jobs, vocational opportunities, medical, etc.).
• Documents contact with client, client’s family (clinical documentation requirements) according to Medicaid Part 132, agency, and DCFS standards.
• Participates in psychotropic medication reviews.
• Assists with psychiatric hospitalizations and follow up.
• Performs the above tasks under close weekly support, supervision, training, and direction of the Clinical Supervisor.
• Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement activities as assigned.
• Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
• Ability to work effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment
• Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related Human Service field with LSW or LPC upon hire* and one year of related family therapy experience. LCSW or LCPC preferred and required upon eligibility.
- Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license with no suspensions in effect within the previous three (3) years of hire.
- Must have personal vehicle or access to personal vehicle and provide proof of automobile liability insurance.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to pass background clearance and drug screen.
-No history of child abuse or neglect.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.